In apparel manufacturing sector, CAD stands for computer aided design. Now days, Computer aided design or CAD software becomes one of the most essential tool for pattern making and related jobs in clothing industry. It is used for pattern making, pattern grading and making of marker.
Computer aided design or CAD software has so many advantages in apparel manufacturing. It brings a revolutionary change in today’s ready made apparel export business. As its importance, this article has presented some major advantages and uses of computer aided design or CAD in apparel and fashion industry.
Software used in the factory:
- Winda Pattern Design System and Garment Grading System
- Winda Garment Marker System
- Winda Garment File Format Converter
Advantages of CAD Software in Apparel Industry:
- This easy to operate designing system- CAD has many advantages.
- The expense and time is reduced in a considerable manner when compared to the laborious manual work of designing.
- Designing can be done from anywhere as the customers are able to control the process from remote locations as well.
- The data can be easily stored, transmitted, and transported through computer files.
- The designs can be easily customized and personalized as corrections and editing can be done at any time without significant delays or cost increases.
- The designers don’t need to produce swatches all the time as they can now see how a particular fabric or garment looks in different colors and shapes on computer screen itself.
Disadvantages of CAD Drawing Or Drafting in Apparel Sector:
Though it’s too hard to get negative update about the computer aided design or CAD application in apparel industry. But there are some slight disadvantages of CAD application which comes from the several Cad experts from this industry. Those are in the following:
- Some most popular CAD software has higher price like as Proge CAD, QCAD, Libre CAD and Open SCAD.
- CAD operator has to train themselves according to update of CAD software.
- Sometimes, it’s too tough to find skilled operator to run CAD software.